With their large grain tanks (along with engines and fuel tanks to match), the Case IH Axial-Flow 240 combines sets the bar high for productivity and efficiency. Originally released in 2015, the series includes the 7240, 8240 and 9240 models.
The new Axial-Flow series with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology meets Tier 4 Final engine emissions standards. The patented SCR technology allows for maximum horsepower without compromising efficiency, resulting in better performance, increased fuel efficiency, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability and durability.
Other features include:
- Larger grain tank: The 8240 and 9240 combines feature extra-large grain tank capacity at 410 bushels. The larger grain tanks, together with unload rates of up to 4 bushel per second, allow operators to open up fields easily and unload quickly. The larger grain tanks on the 8240 and 9240 units are matched with higher load rated tires to accommodate the added weight.
- Increased fuel economy and capacity: With a fine-tuned combustion process, the 240 series models feature a substantial improvement in fuel efficiency over previous offerings. Increased fuel tank capacity on all 240 series combines allow for a full days harvest without refilling. A specially designed engine cooling system and vacuum aspirated rotating wand on the stationary air screen ensure proper cooling for optimum engine efficiency and performance, even while harvesting in high-debris areas.
- More power: The engines are tuned for maximum horsepower without compromising efficiency for emissions. The 240 series combines also provide very high levels of power rise, which ensure producers can unload on the go without slowing down.
- Ease of operation: To provide the best fuel efficiency while maintaining ease of operation and reliability, Power Plus Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) drives are designed to provide efficient transfer of power to the rotor and the feeder. The CVT drive allows the operator to reverse the rotor, for quick and simple de-slug of the machine, as well as CVT control of the feeder with a patented header-to-feeder ground speed control.
- Additional options: 2015 and newer combines are pre-wired for a camera kit that can be installed either in the factory or after purchase. Other options include 30-inch tracks for specialty crop harvesting and a ladder extension for easy cab entry.