Attendees at this years National Farm Machinery show saw the latest enhancements to JCBs Fastrac iCON, telescopic wheel loaders, skid steer and compact track loaders as well as JCBs Teleskid the worlds first and only skid steer loader and compact track loader with a telescoping boom so you can lift higher, reach further and dig deeper.
With machinery already known for a luxurious cab, JCB introduced new offerings for 2023 for its skid steer range. The company says updates include:
- New 7 inch touch-screen display that increases customization and ease of use
- Updated interior design vertical soft-touch button layout
- Rocker switch mounting locations providing a location for additional controls
- New wiper location center mounted to improve blade coverage
- Reversing camera standard on Teleskid models, camera ready on all other models
- A new front windshield for improved improving front-end visibility and a new wiper location center mounted to improve blade coverage
The skid steer cab design has been updated for ease of use by mounting the new touch-screen display in the top, right-hand side of the cab to allow the operator to make setting changes much faster. Additionally, the soft-touch button pad has been vertically integrated into the front pillar to ensure easy access without limiting visibility.
The JCB TM420 Agri also introduced enhancements to the cab, a new 8-speed, intelligent transmission and new stylings to increase operator visibility.
JCB says cab enhancements for safety and comfort include:
- Rear-view camera and windshield comes standard
- Master work light settings that are user configurable for personalized work light setup
- Access and egress lighting
- Dual high-output, heavy-duty machine batteries and hydraulic pump cutoff for enhanced cold starting
- HVAC system with filtered recirculation
- Deluxe heated seat with increased cushioning and adjustable lumbar
- Follow-me-home lights
The new 8-speed intelligent transmission features a lock-up torque converter in forward gears 5, 6, 7 and 8 as standard, ECO 25 mph mode as standard and LSD axles as standard. By including a torque lock, engine rpm can be maintained within the most powerful range during gearshifts to ensure maximum torque, responsiveness and power during the most arduous towing and climbing dutiesincreasing productivity and providing unrivalled performance, the company says.
JCB increased operator visibility by adapting the cab roof structure and the positioning of the windshield. Further structure upgrades include Quickhitch and linkage components for both pin and cone as well as Q-fit, redesigned tipping link and Z-bar linkage, and a repositioned remote transmission filter.
The 8330 Fastrac iCON provides a smoother, smarter, more seamless experience from start to finish, the company says. Featuring the latest in cab technology, you set up the cab exactly how you want it. Simply drag and drop to set up your configurable buttons while switching acceleration between pedal, rocker or joystick seamlessly. JCB keeps the sophisticated technology behind the iCON control system simple through three key areas:
- iCONFIGURE Creating a customized operator experience
- iCONNECT Integrated precision technology
- iCONTROL Redefining operation through development of drive software
Additionally, JCB says the 8330 provides renowned productivity through powerful hydraulics that meet the demand of complex implements, features 50:50 weight distribution to optimize tractive performance in the field with no excess ballast and ISOBUS compatibility for making changes between implements even easier. As the fastest production tractor in the world with speeds up to 43 mph, you can be miles ahead of the competition with a generous supply of power up to 335 hp generated from the 6-cylinder engine.